High quality care giving unpaid Carers peace of mind
One of the most important things for someone caring for their loved ones is ensuring they also get time to themselves – to relax, go out with friends, enjoy their hobbies or just chat without having to focus on the person they care for.
Our experienced Carer Support workers (CSW’s) will get to know you and your family so they can provide the best, most personalised care and support each week. As well as one-to-one care in your home, our CSWs can also help your loved ones enjoy a range of activities to improve their quality of life, like shopping, trips to the park, cinema visits or cheering on a local sports team.
Are you thinking about a visiting care in your own home?
We can offer a regular care plan for you or a loved one today.
Call 01372 869 970 or complete our online enquiry form below.
What our care plans offer
Our CSWs follow a detailed care plan written by an Assessor, which is regularly updated to ensure a high standard of individual care is provided and a standard of excellence is maintained. The activities undertaken by your CSW will include:
- Outings where appropriate, based on an individual’s choice.
- Meal, drink preparation and light domestic duties.
- Chatting, reading to the cared-for person & playing games.
- Personal care such as washing, dressing & toileting.
- Continence management.
In partnership with the NHS, we also provide an unlimited End of Life service for those caring for someone in the last twelve months of their life.
Very few people have experience of being a carer or understand the difficulties faced of being one but Crossroads staff do.
That is priceless.
Why we’re the perfect choice
- We are a registered charity who put you, the carer, at the heart of everything we do.
- We provide a safe, reliable service which is regulated and accredited by the Care Quality Commission. In our recent Annual Carer Survey, 100% of people responding said we provided a safe service
- We’ll work with you and your loved one to create a bespoke and regularly reviewed Care Plan that perfectly meets their ongoing needs. On top of this, we’ll aim to ensure continuity of care by providing the same Carer Support Worker each week. This is especially important for looking after dementia patients.
- Our team of more than 150 professional Carer Support Workers have all received at least 45 hours of training in all aspects of care
- We work with local employers to help them understand the needs of their employees who balance caring with work. Please Take our Survey if you work either part-time or full-time and have a caring responsibility
- We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Ofsted and Crossroads’ own measuring tool CROQUET, giving you complete peace of mind.
It’s so important to be able to go to medical appointments on my own and then to sit alone and enjoy a cup of coffee in peace.
Flexible, affordable breaks
- Many Carers struggle on without help until they themselves reach breaking point. It is vitally important that your own health and well-being is maintained so you can continue to care.
- Our minimum care package is two hours, because we feel strongly that quality care can’t be provided in less time. In addition, two hours will also give the main Carer a meaningful amount of respite time away. Longer packages of care are available and all care will be provided at a time that suits you.
- Many of you care for loved ones round the clock. We can step into your shoes so you can enjoy some time to yourself.
- Our regular weekly respite sessions help provide exactly that – speak to one of our friendly team to discuss your needs for care and respite.